Friday, March 29, 2019

March Recap!

Okay, I know it's technically two days until the end of March but this way I don't have to worry about blogging on Sunday, unless I really want to.

So March...well...

Let's just start with fitness/weight and get it out of the way.

Fitness/ weight! You know how positive I was about getting back in the gym in March at the end of February? I'm transferring that positive feeling to April. I barely made it to the gym this month. My hand at the beginning of the month meant only treadmill work then my back went kablooey so that meant nothing. I saw a new chiropractor this week and got an adjustment which really helped the low back. I'm still have some hip issues causing my sciatic nerve to be a bitch, but I'm hopeful that will pop out today and be better.

So basically I got zero progress in my gym going goals. My weight stayed about the same, I'm down about a half a pound from the end of February so that's actually good. AND because I was sidelined by my back it did force the issue to make sure I let my hand heal, so that's a positive as well. Thinking more and more I probably should have had it x-rayed, but it's healing okay, just slowly, so I'm hopeful that it will be completely fine by next week and I will be able to start easing back into my normal routine. Also trying to think that maybe starting over again with a new routine will be good. Maybe I will be able to sculpt a little more in the areas I like to focus on.

Reading! So at 17 books complete I am somehow 2 books behind schedule now! Eeek! I need to catch up with that. The Discworld books I made up one of the extras I will need to hit 15 this year. Small Gods and Men at Arms. The past three that I've read in the series have been my favorites. I think this must be where he hit his stride and I am looking forward to the next one. It comes available soon so I need to push through the three books I have checked out now to get ready. And to catch up on my totals. Reading Joe Biden's book right now and it's one I have to do in small bites, it's about when his son died so it's rough. It also makes me a little sad to read about a White House that seemed to actually care about people.

Writing! After this blog I will be one ahead for the year so I made up for the ones I missed last month. I also have a blog rant that I might pick up later today so I would be two ahead for the year, which is good, if I write it, I might slack off and read today instead. I'm still on track with the fiction. I need to start looking next month for my next submission. Still haven't gotten the rejection from the last one, but when I get that I will post the super short stories I wrote for that contest.

Monthly Museum/Attraction! We went to the Portland Railroad Museum this month. It was fairly small, pretty much a passion project for a few people but it was pretty cool. My dad loved trains. Just loved them. So going there was as much about going to see trains as it was about going to "see" my dad. It worked for both things.

MasterClass! I took the one by Steve Martin on stand-up and humor. Now I don't do stand-up comedy but I try to use humor in my writing. I think I'm a funny bitch... Anyway, I decided that stand-up is writing as well just with a performing aspect so it might be helpful. It was interesting. I really enjoy Steve Martin. If you haven't read his books you should. He translates really well in any form he does, stand-up, speeches, movies, books. It didn't blow me away like the Gaiman one did or even intrigue me the way the Gladwell one did, but it felt like I was listening to him talk to me about things he wanted me to know which was cool.

Long term! Guys! The basement is basically done. I need to hang the pictures and I might buy some more blankets and pillows but other than that, couch, rug, TV, tables, it's all there. I love it. It's dark and soft and comfy and just what I wanted it to be.

So what's up for April?

Back in the gym habit. That's a big one.
Catch up on the reading totals.
Keep up with the blogs.
Long term stuff...probably the deck work and getting window coverings handled.

How are you doing this year? Are you reaching the goals you've set? Are you dropping things that don't fit who you really are? Are you SURE that April will be a good gym month?

We can all dream...


No comments:

Post a Comment