Saturday, October 24, 2015

Crazy....

Okay, I'm doing it again. I'm signing up for NaNoWriMo today. I want to finish Practical Magic and be done with it and if this is how I have to get it done then this is how I will do it. At least I am hoping this does it. It worked last time.

I have put zero work in to it since the first week of October and I really do want to finish it and at least have it out of my head and complete somewhere. So this is the push I am hoping will get it all finished up and at least something I can then work with and see if that is enough or if I want to put the effort in to it to polish and fix and submit. But really, just finishing it will be good.

And, of course, because I am me and writing 50,000 words in 30 days isn't quite challenging enough I am going to do 50,000 in 25 days. We are traveling the last week of November and I really want to get it all done before we go. If not the 30th will be a long ass day as I recover from the Thanksgiving trip and try to crank out how ever many words short I am. But I did it last time in fewer than 30 days so I can do it again. That's the working theory at least.

So I need to put in 2000 words a day for 25 days towards Practical Magic which I have had pretty significant writer's block on for the majority of the time I've been working on it...easy peasy lemon squeezy...

And then this also puts a big push on my main blog goal for 2015. I have 27 more to write for the year to reach that outrageous goal of 180. Which I was feeling pretty cocky about last week. I mean 27 blogs in 2 1/2 months is simple. But now I've just dedicated November to NaNo so that means if I am lucky I will manage to squeeze in 4 or maybe 5 so all of a sudden December is on the hook for a ton! I am really a genius when it comes to making my goals harder, you know that right? It's like I am doing it on purpose or something. Which I would swear to you that I wasn't. All evidence aside...


This next week will be all about prep work (like how do I use Scivener as more than a simple word processor again?) and getting notes set up for how I think the story is going to go (I really have no clue, I had an idea this week though so that's something!) and cranking out the plethora of Halloween stories that crowd my head this time of year (the voices take on a decidedly dead tone in the Fall, not that they die out, but that they belong to dead people, I write dead people...) and as you can tell by the tone of this post I'm slightly freaked out by the fact that I'm doing this AGAIN.

It's like that part of the roller coaster where you are climbing. You know you are going to be fine, but you also know that first drop is a doozy so you can't help but be a little nervous.

(deep breath)

Okay, here we go. November is upon us and NaNoWriMo beckons!

50,000 words.
25 days.
Practical Magic finished.

We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment