Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Antsy...

My back is still tweaked.

It's a different tweak than last week. Or at least a different feeling. Same side, same low back issues, but it was getting better, like just reduced to a small knot of ouch and then BOOM it exploded AGAIN.

I have an appointment but not until the 1st so I will be being very careful until then to keep it at an annoying but not debilitating pain level.

Yes, we are at a month out of lifting now. I am not happy about it at all but I can't do anything about it. The bright side is that it's probably preventing me from pushing the healing on my hand too quickly. So my thumb should be completely healed by the time my back issues resolve and then I can start lifting again. At significantly lower weights but it will all come back quickly. And who knows, maybe all of this time off will give me more of a sculpted look when I get back into it, right? It could happen.

Shush, it could.

So, I have a rug on my front porch. Not like a welcome mat but a giant 8x10 thick pile rug. It's for the downstairs room. I want to bring it in and lay it out so I can see how much I love it and how much it really pulls the room together. But I promised Brent I would take it easy today so I'm not doing it. That and I know I couldn't. There would be no way I could lift something that size right now.

Which is super frustrating.

But that's just the way it is. For now.

And I really am being good today. I finished reading an advanced copy of a friend of a friend's book so I will be ready with an on release day review. I watched two MasterClasses. I argued over a passive aggressive post that wasn't passive enough for me not to know it was about me. I'm not being passive aggressive right now, because I called him out on it, sometimes it really is all about you. ;-) I'm sitting still except for some light movement and stretches to keep from locking up. I'm not lifting or bending or carrying. Just typing and reading.

But I'm antsy. Which I'm taking as a good sign. It means the manic is still hovering around instead of the other swing. Because of that I'm trying not to get online and shop, though I will be buying blackout curtains and rods this week, but not much more than that. Really. Like the clothes that Title Nine keeps showing me I'm almost totally ignoring. I mean I wouldn't want to get them right now anyway because I haven't been able to get to the gym so I wouldn't have the guns to show off in the sleeveless dresses. That's what I'm telling myself so I don't buy them all because they are SO CUTE!

Tomorrow I get my new crown put in. It's a sign of how antsy I am that I'm almost looking forward to it. Just to get out of the house and do something different.

Isn't it funny that the place I love to be most of all is in my house with Brent but being hurt and sick and some combo of it for a few weeks between the two of us I was excited for him to be able to go to work today (or jealous, one of those) and I'm looking forward to my crazy dentist. It's also the crown setting appointment so it should be no novocaine and really easy pop off the temp pop on the new gnash, gnash, gnash, file, file, gnash, gnash, and done. Just long enough for a weird story from him that I can file away for future fiction pieces.  Though I absolutely won't make his character a dentist because nobody would believe it.

And I'm writing this because I need to pad my numbers and I do have a fiction start in my head but it's just a small start and I don't want to scare it away.  Sometimes writing one of these really freeform thought clearing blogs helps a lot with that. Like ignoring an animal so it comes over to sniff you but if you chase it it will run and hide and you might not see it again. But yes, mostly to pad my numbers. It's not cheating if you made up the game.


Okay, so wish me luck that the rug is actually gorgeous when we get it inside.
And that the couches that are coming on Saturday really are what I wanted.
And that the other pieces all look good together.
And that my back feels better.
And that I grab that fiction idea so you don't have to have another one of these blogs.

Antsy...





No comments:

Post a Comment