Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thanksgiving Turkey...

One
Two


"Oh shoot!" Julianne stood looking in the cupboard of her kitchen, "I totally forgot to buy cranberry sauce. Lauren, will you run down to the corner store and pick some up? The whole berry one, not the jellied one. Craig really likes the whole berries."

"Sure, I meant to grab some cider anyway so I'll just run to the big grocer and get both."

"No, don't do that! I mean, I know that the corner store carries it, and I'm pretty sure they have cider too. This way you won't have to move your car. You know how tricky parking can be. And Mrs. Naismith has her whole family come in for dinner they take over the entire garage practically. This way you can walk."

"Are you saying I could use the exercise?"

"Don't be silly. I just think this is easiest."

Lauren smiled and headed toward the spare room to get her coat. "Okay fine, I'll walk down to the corner store and pick those up." Julianne could be a little anal about doing things just so, it wasn't worth it to stress her out even more. Just the fact that she forgot cranberries showed she was already stressing out about something. She would have to make sure to ask later if everything was okay.

Right after Lauren walked out of the apartment Julianne's phone buzzed. "Sorry, was on my way and my brother's flight got cancelled. On my way to airport to p/u. Will call you next week." -A

"Shit!"

"What? Do you need help?" Craig came rushing in to the kitchen with Emily close behind.

"No, Andrew just texted and he can't make it. And I already sent Lauren for the cranberry sauce."

Craig looked at her like she was crazy, "Why would you sent her for cranberry sauce? You made homemade relish yesterday."

Now it was Julianne's turn to look at Craig like he was crazy, "Duh, because I had asked Andrew to stop at the store and pick some up on his way here. I even told him he should park in the garage and walk to the corner store and I would have it waiting at the counter."

"Now I really am lost, you sent Lauren for sauce you don't need and you sent Andrew?"

"Oh my god! Julianne!" Emily started laughing, "You did not try and meet cute them!"

"Meet cute them?" Craig was even more puzzled.

"Technically they already met. I was just trying to nudge them a little."

"Mandy! Come in here, you have to hear this!"

Mandy excused herself from the livingroom and joined the party in the kitchen, "What's up?"

"So you know Lauren's "that guy" from the Halloween party right?"

"Right."

"Julianne just sent Lauren to the store to get cranberries after trying to send him to the same store to get them as well so they would run into each other again."

Mandy started to laugh, "Oh Julianne..."

"No, seriously guys, you didn't see them together at the party. They were so cute together. I mean they talked all night and they were laughing and he covered for her being left by that asshole Tyler and..."

"But wouldn't it have been just as easy to have them both at dinner here? I mean, you could have sat them by each other and done the same thing."

"That would have been too plain. This way they would have had a funny story and..."

The light finally turned on for Craig, "And it would have been like that song. Now I get it." Why do something simple if you could add a theme song, that was totally a Julianne way to run the world.

Emily shook her head, "Well, that's where you went wrong. That's not a Thanksgiving song. It's called Christmas Rapping. You were too early."

"Well nobody tell her. I will try again!"

They all laughed. They could have tried to tell her no but it wouldn't have done any good. Julianne was determined about things turning out just exactly so.

"Oh! And you are eating the canned cranberries." She pointed at Craig.

"What? Why? I want the homemade stuff!"

"Because I told her that's why she had to go get it. You love it."

Craig sighed. "Fine I love it." It was just easier to let Julianne win.


No comments:

Post a Comment