Saturday, May 5, 2018

Who Says Romance is Dead?

"He looked in her eyes and said, 'I love you. I've always loved you. It's always been you.' She released a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding and fell into his arms." Susan closed the book and held it to her chest. "Isn't that the best?"

Craig gave her a puzzled look, "The best what?"

She rolled her eyes, "The best ending. The most romantic thing. She fell into his arms because he always loved her."

"Uh no. She fell into his arms because she had been holding her breath for who knows how long and passed out. I mean, who doesn't realize they aren't breathing? She sounds kind of dumb to me. Is he going to have to remind her to breathe? Is that going to be their thing? He's too stupid to tell her that he loves her before they both have miserable times with other people and she's too stupid to breathe without noticing? Tell me they are both sterile."

"You are the WORST!"

"I'm the worst? I am at least aware when I'm holding my breath. I know that if I have always loved someone then dating 12 other people is not a great idea. How am I the worst?"

"It's romantic."

"It's ridiculous."

"You're ridiculous!"

"Sure, at times, but I'm not tell me to breathe ridiculous."

"Fine tell me your favorite romance."

He thought for awhile. "Die Hard."

"You pick Die Hard for everything."

"It's not my fault it's the world's most perfect movie. Romance. Action. Christmas. First movie to cast Alan Rickman. It's really the best movie out there and there should be no other movie's above it."

"Wait, that can't be true. That's not Alan Rickman's first movie."

"Yep. Completely true. If there was no Die Hard there would be no Snape and then what would you cry about when someone has an Always tattoo?"

"I don't cry at Always tattoos."

He looked at her and raised his eyebrows.

"Fine. But come on, Always...it's just..." she sniffed.

"So romantic? You know how he was a dick to her and then she married that jerk James and he STILL carried a torch for her? I think Lily had really bad taste in men."

"James wasn't a jerk to her. And you only see him as a teenager when all boys are jerks so I'm sure he got better."

Craig nodded, "Sure, I'm sure he did. And stopped tormenting people who were different and didn't form a secret society that thought they were better than everyone else and try to overthrow the government and..."

She threw a pillow at Craig, "You are just being difficult!"

He smiled, "I am. But at least I'm breathing on my own."

She glared at him and then sighed, "What am I going to do with you?"

He held out his arms, "I guess release your held breath and fall into my arms because I've always loved you. And I've always made that really clear. No need for a dozen failed romances for me to realize it."

She wanted to pretend to be mad for a little longer but couldn't. She laughed instead and did fall into his arms. With a little extra push just to knock the air out of him a little. "I guess you should have held that breath a little."




No comments:

Post a Comment