Sunday, June 14, 2015

Reaching...

So I wanted to write a blog a day until I caught up with where I should be by this time to reach my goal. Or course when I decided to do that my font of fiction works in my brain shut off. So I've been struggling with nonfiction everyday. Something to write just to get words on paper. To stretch out the old fingers and take them around the keyboard. To make sure I am continually writing because writers write. And all of those things I keep telling myself to make sure I sit down and do this every day.

And there have been a few things to write about, which is great, and there have been things I could write about but I've been balancing between a really good mood and fighting off the bad mood that could hit ('tis the season) and so I have avoided writing anything that could bring on the gloom. Which isn't great. Because once the couple of things to write about were exhausted and the things I just can't even right now have been avoided I'm stuck with a blank page.

So what does that leave? I could tell you all about what I'm doing right now. I mean, besides the blog frenzy catch up super writer force choke the words on the page part...

I wrote about the new workout program. That's still plugging along. Not losing any weight, but also not feeling like I've been beat with a stick after the workout anymore either. Of course tomorrow I increase my weights so we will see how long that lasts. Using the Misfit Shine to encourage over all activity. Gotta get those dots! Starting tomorrow I am going to increase my points goal on that as well. I was avoiding doing it even though most days I hit my goal pretty easily because I don't want to be THAT active on the weekends. I like a lazy weekend. But I realized I can just change the goal on Saturday morning and put it back on Monday morning. Viola! Problem solved. Dual goal system. Sticking with 1200 points for the weekend, moving to 1400 for the weekday. I've also decided I am going to try and keep my streak alive until we go to New Mexico in July. Unless I get sick, or hurt, I think I can do it. The biggest challenge will be right before NM when Brent is in Germany and I will have to be active on a weekend without him here to encourage me.

I'm working on the Rosetta Stone puzzle still. It's really slow going. I gave up for awhile because it was just too hard. So it just sat on the table, an outline with nothing else. Been plugging away at it again this week and I've gotten about 15 more pieces in...not even kidding. It's really freaking hard. The pieces are all really close in color and they are small enough that the difference in language isn't always easy to see. And even if I can say, of for sure this is Greek, that only means it will be someplace in the lower third of the puzzle. It's hard is what I am saying here. When I am finally finished with it (maybe by my birthday?) I will really feel like I've accomplished something.

I'm getting a little bent out of shape with the whole new adult coloring craze. Not just in a hipster, "Dudes, I've been doing it for years" sort of way though there is a touch of "Really? A trend? How about a thing that some of us just do?" but in the one of the reasons I've always liked it is because it's cheap. A box of crayons and a book, less than $5 for HOURS of entertainment. Now books are getting more and more expensive and pencils and crayons are getting fancier and more expensive as well. And sure I could just stick with my old school tools but some of the new stuff is SUPER cool. But still...trendy means more expensive and that bugs me. I will just wait for the tide to roll back out and on to a new beach and pick stuff up on clearance I guess....

Still cooking with Blue Apron and enjoying the recipes there, though I have been thinking about shifting the way Brent and I eat a little so that would mean stopping the service. I haven't decided for sure yet. So many studies point toward Mediterranean as the way to go, but it's not as high in protein as Brent likes and it's not as high in cake as I like. So...I'm torn. Actually I'm not torn so much as resisting. I know I should switch. I know it's better for us. I know it hits the heart health that is a concern in both of our families as well as the brain health I am obsessed with. But...cake.

Let's see what else...
Summer movie season is in full effect and I'm trying out the movie a week approach. Or at least sort of trying it out. I think we already missed a week after I decided to do one a week...so one a weekish...ANYWAY...it means we are probably going to see things we might have skipped otherwise, but I love going to the movies so even if there are a few clankers in there it will be fun over all I think.

And tonight is the season finale of Game of Thrones so I am rushing through this to post it and put it up on Facebook before I have to stay off the internet so asshats with no self control or care about their West Coast friends can watch a show without it being spoiled....

And done! Whew....

No comments:

Post a Comment