Saturday, March 22, 2014

What prompted this?

Oh yay! So after I posted yesterday's short blog based on a prompt my genius friend Dana came up with a brilliant idea, as geniuses are wont to do...

Anyway, she had seen a writing prompt a few days earlier that she had thought might be fun for both of us to attempt. See, we would each take the same prompt and write our own stories. I thought it was a fabulous idea and agreed right away. It's always pretty cool to see what two different writers come up with using the same prompt. Would they both be horror stories? Romances? Fiction? Non-fiction? And since I happen to love everything she writes this would selfishly mean that I would get a new Dana story to read out of the deal.

Then when she went back to find the original prompt that gave her the idea she found three more. So instead of doing it once, we are going to do it once a week for the next four weeks. I'm really super excited. I might even write ahead and proof and edit, wouldn't that be a nice change of pace for you all? To get a more polished story instead of a dump and write one? Hey! It could happen....I mean it probably won't, but it could.

So what this means for you is every Wednesday for the next month there will be a short fiction piece from me with a link to a short fiction piece from her to read. Both stories based on the same prompt. I think it will be very cool. I can't wait to see how the ideas differ and possibly how they are the same. And also to give you all a chance to read her work. Seriously good stuff. I can't wait to share!

And it means I got this extra blog out of it to write about what we are going to write. Which she totally knew I would do. Because she's a genius.


No comments:

Post a Comment