Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pick one!

I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights and then last night when I finally slept I had a crazy bad dream. If I wrote horror I would probably try and turn it in to a short story, but honestly I just want the images to go away.

I'm also taking a week off from working out before we go to Hawaii. I have a fairly active schedule booked out for us with a few small hikes and swims and such. Right now my knees sound well, rough, rough works. I have a feeling when we get back I will be at the doctors getting some PT scheduled. They don't hurt...much. But they are swollen and loud. Very loud.

So the lack of sleep, bad dreams, no work outs, combo is causing a busy brain scattered thoughts issue.

I was going to sit down and write a fiction piece. I have a few lines bopping around in my head, but I realized other than those lines I am not sure where I want the story to go.

Then I thought about writing about being surprised when people remember me. And tying that in to a story about an old high school boyfriend. But I keep getting part way in and then changing subjects.

Instead of writing or working out this morning, which is what I normally would have done by now, I've been watching the little Facebook videos that are going up. It's interesting to me to see what Facebook chooses to include. Mine made me a bit misty. The first picture they showed of my "earliest posts" was a visit from my parents. Everyone has their back turned to the camera, and it makes me laugh. Not the best picture, but I know what we were doing and looking at and can even hear my mother and father talking. Good stuff. Looking at other people's videos I just know they are probably a little misty as well.

The rest of the day will be a challenge. I can already see it coming. I have a few things I want to do but I'm not sure I have the focus to get them done. I might start one or two or 12 and see how they go. Or I might decide it's a sit on the couch and watch TV day. Or read a book. Or do all of the things at once...that's probably more likely.

I imagine when Brent gets home tonight he will ask "what did you do today?" and I will stare blankly at him from the middle of  pile of kitchen supplies, coloring books, half watched TV shows on the DVR and a book I've read the same chapter in 3 times lost somewhere in the house, I'm betting the linen closet, and say..."Ummm...don't know."








No comments:

Post a Comment