Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Or maybe not...

Spoiler alert has been moved to tomorrow. I spent time re-organizing iTunes today. Is there a bigger time suck around than getting into your iTunes library and trying to organize play-lists? Possibly YouTube...but I am not sure which is worse.

So anyway...today was spent delving into music and trying to get everything reworked into a few different play-lists. Today was the Kid Tested Client Approved List. Songs that are appropriate for work but not your standard massage music. Eva Cassidy, Marc Cohn, Melissa Etheridge, Indigo Girls mellow songs but not the standard chimes and rain noises. Though I do have that as well, if that's what relaxes the client then that's what I will play.

I still need a lot of work; my old iPod Nano is dying and I did direct loading onto it instead of setting up separate play-lists last time, big mistake. I have over 300 CDs plus all of the songs we have downloaded over the last few years. It's a lot of music. Mine, Brent's, Christopher's and blended. So anyway...I am taking the music I will use for work and putting it back on the Nano, taking music I want to take with me to the gym and putting it on Brent's old iPod and setting up a variety of play-lists to make sure I don't have this problem again!

So it got me thinking, what are your play-lists?
Here are mine:
Move that Ass (work out music, house cleaning music, any thing that gets me moving)
All Pleasure No Guilt (I don't do guilt, remember?)
Life is Hard (rock, thank you very much)
Place in the Country (Country music)
That's Just Classic (Classical)
Jazz Hands Everyone (Jazz)
Rainy Days and Mondays (music for when you are down, and okay about it)
Waterfalls and Rainbows (traditional massage music)
Kid Tested Client Approved (music to relax by)

I will blog more about music and memory and emotion later this month. Today was just the sorting later will be the sorting out. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment