Saturday, February 8, 2020

Ghost Tour...

"It was really the best one I've ever done."

Gloria was telling her friends about the Ghost Tour she had taken of the old prison complex in Australia.

"Normally they will tell you creepy stories about what happened, or who was locked up there. But they really put on a show.  One of the things was they used projections in each cell so when they would be telling the story about the prisoner you could see them. Super creepy and effective."

"So they added movies?"

"Yeah, but like in the Haunted Mansion at Disney, right? You know when you are looking at the dining room and there are ghosts that are clearly there, but also sort of translucent? It was like that. The prisoners were in the cells, just like they would have been, they would be reading, or pacing, or watching you while you walked by, but they weren't solid. Not actors playing the parts, well sure, actors played the parts, but filmed and then projected into the cells. I'm not sure how they did it, the screens must have been painted to look like the wall behind them, because the projections weren't flat on the wall. It really was like Disney, they would move through the cell."

"The projections would add something, I guess but I'm not sure it would be all that ghosty though?"

"Oh wait, that was just the start. Julie, you were there, you tell them," Julie just waved her friend on to keep going, "Like there were parts where you could hear the prisoners talking to you. Like specifically to YOU. 'I like that red blouse..." and if you stood too close to the cells you could feel a hand reach out and touch you. It was really scary!"

"Did they have any jump scare things? Like walking around a corner and a guard would jump out at you?"

"No, nothing like that. It was all really in keeping with what it would have been like when the prison was running. There were screams and stuff, but they were from the 'interrogation' and 'medical treatment' rooms. You could hear them, but they were muffled, because they were behind closed doors. You know?"

"They had screams from the medical treatment?"

"Oh yeah, it was a horrible place when it was up and running. They did experiments on the prisoners. One of them they described was doing surgery without anesthesia."

"So like Nazi shit?"

"Oh yeah, like Nazi shit. It was really bad. They had a medical journal out that you could page through and they did something with it where as you were looking drops of blood would fall on the pages. It was so good. I mean, you know, awful what happened there, but for a ghost tour? It was so good. Really creepy."

"I don't think I'd like it at all. I barely like the ones that don't do anything but tell you creepy stories."

"Yeah, I can see that it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was amazing. I can still feel the hand on my arm from when I got too close to one of cells. Like it was a fast reach out and grab. I almost wet myself!"

"I think I would have."

"Oh gosh, I have to get going! Next week for the movie?"

"Yep, that's the plan. See you then."

Gloria packed up her things and rushed off leaving her friends behind.

"Are you ever going to tell her?"

"I don't think so."

"Tell her what?"

"There weren't any screams or projections or prisoners grabbing out from the bars. At least for anyone else but her."



No comments:

Post a Comment