Monday, April 27, 2015

Nothing...

He asked her what she wanted from him.

She said , "Nothing"

He asked her again.

She smiled and said, "Nothing. I want nothing from you. Just be."

Time passed and still he would ask her.

She would always smile and tell him, "Nothing."

Finally in frustration he yelled at her, "What do you want from me?"

She gave him a puzzled look. "Nothing. I've told you, I want nothing from you."

"But how can I make you happy if you want nothing from me?"

She laughed, "You can't."

"But I want to make you happy."

"I am happy."

He smiled, "You make me happy."

She shook her head, "No, you make yourself happy."

He argued, "It's you. You make me happy."

"Don't put that pressure on me. You are in charge of you being happy. I can't make you happy."

He was confused.

"Don't you want to make me happy?"

"I want you to be happy. I can't make you happy."

"You make me happy."

"You make yourself happy."

"Now you are making me angry."

She smiled sadly at him, "You are making yourself angry."

"You want to take no responsibility for your actions!"

She shook her head, "I take responsibility for my actions. And my emotions. But I refuse to be in charge of yours as well. Be happy. Or be angry. You choose. Not me."

He chose angry. She chose to leave.

He didn't understand her then, he is not sure he understands her now. But he can still hear her voice.

"What do you want from me?"

"Nothing..."



No comments:

Post a Comment