Monday, August 3, 2015

Weird where they come from...

I got an idea for a story this morning while I was putting on my sport's bra. It's new and very tight, as sport's bras are wont to be so I was doing the hook it in front spin move to put it on and all of a sudden I had a story idea for a girl in middle school and the hazards of fitting in and I had two vignettes already worked out and now I'm trying to decide how long this story is. Is it just a quick write and post or is it part of something that could be longer? Hey, maybe it's a YA novel and I could write it and and get published and actually have a book...I could totally Judy Blume this bitch!

Oh wait...yeah, because I think things like "Judy Blume this bitch" I'm probably not really destined for the YA market...

So then while that idea is brewing in my head I was reading stuff online and just so over the "my outrage is more important than yours" BS and I thought about writing a blog about that then thought..."Wait, I'm pretty sure I've written this blog before" so I went searching. Didn't find it, but I got distracted when the search turned up an odd line that I couldn't remember writing. So I clicked that blog and read it instead and yep, short story I wrote a couple of years ago that was a quick write and post and I had totally forgotten it. Not going to lie, I read it and thought, "I really like this." Which always makes me laugh. Well of course I like it, I wrote it!

But re-reading that story I thought about a book I recently read that was a re-imagining of the Red Riding Hood story and it was always on the cusp of being really good and how much I like that sort of thing when it's done well and maybe I should write more of those. But is the market already overly saturated with things like that? And would I be able to do them well or would someone some where be reading it and thinking, "Well there was a good idea in here that she danced all around but..."

So while I was pondering that line of stories I had a cross communication with someone that pissed me right the fuck off and I had to walk the line between screaming meemies and being the adult and ending up squarely in between. Which is wholly unsatisfying really but sometimes that's the best you can hope for. When a big knock down drag out isn't going to do any good at all and really what you are fighting about is ridiculous and not worth the time or effort, yet at the same time you can't just walk away and let it go because fuck that shit... So you end up with a watered down version of what you wanted to say and your tongue bleeding from being bitten so hard and yet you are still pissed. Ugh.

And so then I went back to trying to decide about the blog for today and realized...

I have to get a good night's sleep tonight. I just fucking have to....

No comments:

Post a Comment