Friday, June 1, 2012

Write, right? Right, write.

Okay, I decided to do it again. Something in the blog every day for June. Might be long, might be short, might be fiction, might be non-fiction. Pretty much what you all are already used to.  Just more.

So the first conundrum I have is actually about the blog itself. I started this ages ago as just a place to write some of the random things that float around in my head. Then I started posting some fiction in here as well. Now that I am doing both should I make a different blog? A Totally Random but mostly true and  a Totally Random but completely made up? Or should I just leave it the way it is? The five of you that are my faithful readers seem to be able to sort it out pretty quickly if it's a story or a...well I guess they are all stories...so if it's fiction or non.

My second conundrum of the day is all Dana's fault. She sent me a link to a writing contest last night. The trick is that submissions need to be made by Sunday. Today I am busy cleaning house so not a ton of time to write and she and I are both trying to decide if "never before published" counts posted on a blog. Yes, I know some of you are thinking, clean house later, write now! But what you are forgetting is that I am nuts. If I tried to sit down and write today (after 8 AM, the time cleaning will begin) I would hit a wall and the wall would have CLEAN YO' DAMN HOUSE written on it and until I cleaned house there would be no creativity. BUT...by cleaning house my bathroom cleaner fume fueled muse (not to be confused with Dana's caffeine fueled one) might just make a dazzling appearance. Trying very hard to let this one be a "if it happens it happens" moment. We will see how that works out.


Sneak preview for the month:
Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh....
Review and discussion of 50 Shades
Going to piss off all the moms
Aura Corpses
Dad...one year later.

And as always, if there is a story, a point of view, a fictional piece that you want to read from me just let me know. I take requests, though sometimes it's not quite what you were thinking you would be getting.  But since right now I have 6 things on the list and 29 more days to fill I might need some help!

No comments:

Post a Comment