Thursday, September 4, 2014

Roses...

"I know it's been awhile..."

"Do you really, honestly think flowers a few times a year are enough?"

"but I didn't forget..."

"You didn't forget. Well that deserves a medal doesn't it?"

"I know roses are your favorite. Or they were."

"Just because you can only be bothered to get them for me twice a year doesn't mean they aren't still my favorite."

"I got them at the little corner store, you know the one by the coffee shop?"

"Ha! Do you honestly think bringing up the coffee shop is going to make this okay?"

"Remember how we used to sit there and watch the sunset? We would make plans for our future..."

"And do you remember that you used to bring me flowers almost every week? Not just my birthday and anniversary?"

"I know things haven't turned out exactly like we planned..."

"Is that how you would describe this?"

"I know we had big dreams. Bigger dreams. But..."

"But...go on, tell me the truth now."

"But sometimes things just don't work out the way we think they will."

"Oh my god! Seriously? They don't work out the way we think they will? That's what you have for me? That and drug store flowers? Really?"

"And I guess, well I guess I just want to say I'm sorry for my part."

"Your part. Like there were two parts."

"I just felt like you should know that."

"I see. So you bring me drug store flowers on my, forgive me, our anniversary to tell me you are sorry for your part. And now what? You want forgiveness?"

"I guess I'm just looking for a little peace."

"Well I'm not giving it. You decided to move on. You decided. Not me. Not us. You. And now you bring me flowers and ask for peace."

"I think it's time to let the past be past."

"Oh my god, you want to get married again don't you?"

"I have found someone. Funny thing is, I think you would really like her."

"I have my doubts."

"I actually thought about bringing her with me..."

"Are you serious?"

"But I thought that might not be appropriate."

"Good thought."

"Even after everything we've been through, I still think about what you want. You see that right?"

"Nice try. You are looking for forgiveness. I'm not giving it."

"I just want to close this chapter now. I think it's time."

"Again with what you want. Unbelievable. On today of all days."

"So I guess this is goodbye."

"Stop it! You killed me when you decided to move on! You can't just come here now and lay those flowers down and think we are done! I'm not done!"

"I'll always love you. I always have. I just can't keep one foot in the past anymore. It's time to move forward..."

"NO! I won't have it! You did this! You can't just walk away now. You can't! Not today, you can't do it today. You already did this to me once, don't do it again.."

"Rest in peace. It's time..."


No comments:

Post a Comment