Saturday, December 8, 2018

Pre-Gaming...

Or pre-goaling as the case may be.

Starting to look at 2019 goal ideas. I have one new one so far. Have you heard of MasterClass?  Here's a link if you have and you want to sign up, I get three free months if use my code, full disclosure. :-) Click HERE if you decide to do it.

Anyway, so it's the first thing on my goals list. I signed up because they are going to have a course from Neil Gaiman and Brent convinced me I would regret not taking it. So anyway, when I decided to sign up I did the full year and figured I would get as much out of it as possible. So a class a month. BOOM! First goal.

Then this led to thinking maybe a themed year of goals? Maybe I spend a whole year just focusing on writing and education? Not sure yet. But it's an idea.

I'm also starting to look at last year's goals and figuring out what I've hit and what I've missed. I won't really get serious about that for a few weeks and of course I'll post the recap blog at the end of this month. But what the pre-review shows me is what I really cared about doing. The ones that were important to me I made a priority and finished. The others? Well...let's just say that living painting is STILL not done...

But in setting next year it helps to know what I cared about this year. Not every goal should be a comfort zone one, there needs to be stretching, but there is no point in setting goals I will never hit because I don't really care about them.

One of this year's big goals has actually helped in that area a lot. Sorting my old blogs gave me a chance to re-read them and see the areas where I've worked really hard in the past to convince myself I cared about certain things. The things I sort of feel like I should care about, or be better at but I just don't and I'm just not. So I think that might be a goal for next year as well. To let go of those things. To stop trying to convince myself that I really should do x, y or z.

I'm not sure yet.

I did actually have the November stretch, as I always seem to, where I seriously considered having zero goals for next year. No brass rings to reach for. No stars, no stickers, no lists. And as it always does, in November, it really sounded kind of cool. Then I remembered who I was and laughed and laughed and laughed. Let go of x, y or z, put that on a list!

So why am I writing this today? Surely not because I still need a handful of blogs to reach the 2018 goal...surely not that...Okay, maybe a little of that. But honestly if you are reading this tell me what you are going to work on for 2019. I'm curious and I'm not above stealing a good idea. So let me know, what do you want to accomplish in 2019?

So far I'm taking MasterClasses
I'm letting go of more of what I'm not (#fiftyisnifty)
I'm sticking with Daily Gratitude
I'm sticking with #selfiesaturday
And....hmmm...what else?




No comments:

Post a Comment