Thursday, May 10, 2018

Cop Out...

Okay, I know it's a cop out BUT it's a good cop out.

I wrote today. I really did. A little short story and it's not terrible at all. But I wrote it because I got a notice for a Flash Fiction contest. It's a pay to enter thing, and I really don't like those, but it's a two story entry as well and since I already had one story finished from the last contest I thought I'd see if I had another quick 1000 words or so in me.

So I'm breaking my own no pay to play rules and entering a contest. Which technically the last one I did had a voluntary entry fee so it was a pay to play as well, just asked nicely so I didn't feel ripped off.

But...I'm doing it. Tomorrow. I will submit the other story and the new story and see what happens. And it will count for my second of three submissions so I will suddenly be ahead of schedule! Imagine!

And because I'm writing the cop out blog for you right now I won't have missed my monthly blog a day in May goal and I promise I will come up with some fiction for you tomorrow. I feel something creepy coming around the corner. The things I've been writing for the contests have all been a little sentimental so I'm itching to have something a little less wholesome.

Now, of course, my ornery little muses will probably give me a traditional love story or some shit...

Okay, so I need to finish a few things up around the house that I put on hold once the story washed over me so this is not only a cop out it's a short one.

But it totally counts!

See you tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment