Sunday, December 31, 2017

Recap Time!

Okay, here we are. The end of 2017 and time to see how I did on my yearly goal list.

Book Goal 55 books.
I just finished book number 57 so check!

Writing, this was a multi-parter. I needed to find my muse again and started the year with a writing exchange with Dana and then set a blog goal of 115. I later added another round of NaNoWriMoMo (National Novel Writing Month Modified). It was all a success. I exchanged work with Dana until we both reached the goals we needed to, I wrote (after this one publishes) 140 blogs and I finished out my NaNoWriMoMo with a plethora of blogs, fiction and non-fiction and a plan formed for 2018 writing. So Check!

Health was gym or home 5 days a week plus a bit more physical activity outside of the gym. And to lose a little bit of weight. So currently we are averaging (outside of holiday breaks) 6 days a week at the gym. You saw my mileage count on sabbatical days, and before the forest all caught fire and we were dealing with heavy smoke we were taking an extra exploratory hike/walk on weekends. Food wise I started really cutting back on our added sugar. So we changed in 2016 to be very careful of food-like substances and only eat real food, then in 2017 we cut out added sugar during the week and pretty limited on weekends. I ended up losing 13 pound in 2017 and about 18 inches all over; So Check!

Daily gratitude posts. Unless I somehow forget to do today's I've hit that one perfectly. It really did help, I think. I always practice daily gratitude but I think posting a few of them on Facebook every day helped keep me focused on the good even on days that might have not felt so great. So Check!

Picture of the Day. Still going strong. The Facebook algorithms still have it tucked deeply away in the land of forgotten posts most days but it's still been fun to do. And a few people have joined me here and there through the year and I love that the best. So Check!

Year Long List. Well...I got about half of the things on this list done. So that's a half credit.

Goof off time. So this one is weird. I didn't build anything in to my day to track it. I had some specific things in there that I wanted to make time for and I don't think I really did. I think I had a lot of wasted time, time spent doing things that weren't really productive but weren't really all that enjoyable either so I'm not going to give myself any credit for this one.

So overall I had 7 things on the list and I got 5 1/2. Not terrible. Could be better.

I'm most pleased with getting writing consistently again. I miss it when I'm not doing it. And secondly with the health aspect. Losing 13 pounds was great, and very needed. Working out with Brent has added a new challenge to my workouts, I am working harder than I was before, working with a partner you can't just pick and choose the things you like the most, you get a more balanced workout; for him he does more leg work than he used to, for me more shoulders and upper back. Cutting back on the added sugar has been a challenge but I also think all the research coming out about how damaging sugar is to our systems it was a really good move.

Tomorrow I will set out my new goals for 2018 and start tracking those.

I hope you reached your 2017 goals and have some great things to work towards in 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment