Saturday, January 16, 2016

Small scene from something...


I woke up the other morning with her voice ringing in my head. I wrote down a quick note in my phone and went on with the day. Here and there these two have popped up again. It's a fight and it's obvious what they are fighting about. But I don't know who they are. I don't know what the rest of the story is. I only have this argument. And they keep having it over and over again. So I've given in. They get their time in the spotlight. Now maybe they will either tell me the rest of the story or simmer down for awhile....





"I think we..."

She cut him off, raised her palm to him, "Stop right there. You don't get to use we anymore. You've lost that. There is no we. There is you. There is me. There is no we, no us, you lost that privilege."

"You're being irrational. It was a mistake. We..."

She practically hissed at him as she held her hand up again.

"Fine. You and I can fix this."

"Fix this mistake.You didn't make a mistake. You did this purposefully. Your only mistake was getting caught."

"I didn't intend for..."

"You didn't intend for me to find out. I know. But spare me the mistake portion of the speech. Spare me how you want things to be better now. How somehow this is really partly my fault as well. If you recall I heard it all last time."

"If you'd let me finish I was going to say I didn't intend for you to get hurt."

"Of course you didn't. As I said, you didn't intend for me to find out. If you had actually been concerned with my welfare you wouldn't have done it in the first place. Second place. Oh let's be honest we are probably up to the fifth place now at least."

"If you aren't willing to listen then there is no way we..."

She glared at him.

He sighed, "There is no way you and I can get past this."

"Finally you are understanding. There is no getting past this. Not this time. There is no mistake. There is no misunderstanding. There is no going back. There is no we."


No comments:

Post a Comment