Monday, July 13, 2015

And the greatest of these is...

"Would you stop that?"

"Stop what?"

"That thing you are doing with your fingers. Stop it. It's annoying."

"I'm bored. Aren't you bored?"

"Of course I'm bored. But that doesn't mean I should be annoying."

Grace rolled her eyes at her twin sister and went back to entertaining herself. Hope was just jealous that she had never mastered lightning the way Grace had. The trick to getting it to walk between your fingers was to understand that a big storm and a small storm were really the same. It was all about concentra....

"Hey!" Grace barely ducked out of the way of the fireball the Hope hurled at her.

"I told you to knock it off!"

Grace stood up and spread her hands wider making the electricity bounce between her palms. "You want to fight? Fine!"

"Fine by me." Hope faced her sister with her hands facing up. Pockets of fire glowing in her palms. She curled her fingers to make them form balls and got ready to launch them at her sister.

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING? Are you trying to burn the whole house down? I swear to Bast I can't leave you alone for a second."

Hope and Grace both dropped their hands and looked down at their feet, "Sorry, Charity, we..."

"I don't want to hear it. I really don't. Look I know you two don't get along, but I need you to try to act like humans. Faith needs us. She wouldn't have asked us here if it weren't important. So just act like grownups for a change."

Hope and Grace both sat back down each with a loud sigh and a prominent eye roll. If there was one thing that could unite the twins it was their disgust in being bossed around by their older sister. It didn't mean they would do anything about it, nobody took on Charity, but it didn't stop them from resenting her.

---------------

And that's it. I've had this scene in my head for a week. What is going on with Faith that she needs her sisters there? Obviously a play on the names, but who are they? Where did they come from? What is the background?

It's stuck on repeat and no matter how I try to sneak up on it I can't get more. But I have been spending a lot of time imagining lightning dancing between my fingers as I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment