Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day is a tough one in our house. We haven't really ever celebrated it as a big deal. We don't do what I call the made up holidays. Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, none of them get a big celebration. C usually buys us a nice present, which is lovely but unnecessary, we wish each other happy day on "our" respective days and then let it go. I do make sure to send flowers or some sort of gift for Mother's Day and as both of our fathers are dead we don't have to do that for Father's Day.

Which is why it's a tough one. As you all know my dad died the week of Father's Day. One of the worst memories of that week was sitting in the living room of my mother's house when the UPS guy delivered the gift I had gotten for my dad for a day he wasn't alive to celebrate. It was horrible in a way I cannot even describe. And it was also the last Father's Day gift I bought. Brent's dad passed a few years before my dad so that was that. But it's not like the day stops happening. It keeps coming. And we still don't have our fathers around. So it's tough.

But as we both had dads, and Brent is a dad, I didn't want the day to pass without at least something...

So...to all of you dads out there...

Happy Father's Day to the dads who are soft...


The dads who let you do things mom never would...


The dads who start you on a career path young...


The dads who let you go to follow your dreams...


The dads who teach you not to take it all so seriously...


And the dads who coached you through life...


To all of the dads out there, happy day, we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment