Tuesday, April 28, 2015

It's funny because it's sad...

I'm a list maker. I have notes by the computer for stories. I have notes in my phone for things I want to get done. I have lists for shopping trips. I have lists for things we want in the next car we buy. Lists for things that are specific to what we own now (printer ink, jean brands and sizes, oil type for the car) I keep all of these things going because I am...well...I use multi-focused because flighty sounds so bad.

But I am scatter brained. I don't look at that as a bad thing, even though it's usually used as an insult. Flaky, flighty, scatter brained. All of them can describe me at different times. I use multi-focused and busy brained. I just have a lot going on in my head all the time and so sometimes that means a thought slides in and then right back out without sticking, even if it's important.

Thus lists.

So a couple of weeks ago we are driving to breakfast and the Sunday puzzle comes on. As they are going over the clue from the week before I say, "OH! That's why I had producer and director written in my phone!" See, I had written those down to try and work out the puzzle but then forgotten why I had written them down so when I was looking at a different note I saw that and thought I must have been trying to figure out who produced or directed a certain movie but I couldn't for the life of me remember what movie it must have been. This was close on the heels of discovering that the notes I had taken when we went couch shopping had left of the very minor detail of which store which couch was in.

Brent pointed out my note taking left something to be desired. I argued saying that normally I took really good notes and I knew what they were for. Because I am sure that I do. Except when I went back to look at the list of blogs I was going to write for April I have two short notes on there that I have no clue what they were. No. Clue. Dang it. I bet they were going to be brilliant too.

So now I need to pay attention to my note taking and make sure I have notes for my notes.

Oh and just in case you were wondering this is my 11th blog for April, I wrote out a quick list for 10 ideas to cover and I have covered...one. Now granted, I took 3 blogs to cover it, but still the other 8 blogs for the month have been on other subjects. Because I am multi-focused.

I guess that just leaves a lot of things left to cover in the next...ummm...two days....

Seriously, how do you guys put up with me? (winky smile emoticon)




No comments:

Post a Comment