Thursday, June 26, 2014

I'm so behind...

So basically half the year is gone so I should be halfway through my blog goal right? Well that hasn't happened. I have to step it up to make the baseline goal and REALLY crank to make the stretch goal now! Eek! The easy parts are that I have half a year to go. Plenty of time to make things up. Also life should be settling back out from a few topsy turvy months schedule wise. Now I just need to get back in the habit of sitting down and writing every day. That's the hard part.

Because I've had a ton of blogs. Really good ones. I wish you could have read them. But they never made it from my head on to the page so you missed brilliance. BRILLIANCE! Or at least I can say they were and you will never know so you can't really contradict me. There was a really good one on C graduating and another on his move. A tear jerker about George. One on sports. A fiction piece that started with a great line and then kind of meandered. Okay, that one might not have been brilliant but the line was excellent.

So now I am going to go back and try and recreate a few of those and capture that lightning in a bottle again. I hope they are just as brilliant the second time around. Which is going to be hard, because trust me, brilliant!

And of course I am totally cheating by writing this as an easing back in to the habit blog. Because that's the way I roll...Oh and as always, I still do take requests. If there is something you want me to write about just ask and I will give it a try.

So just a quick story to finish up (pad this out?)...

All week long I have been SUPER productive. Making lists, checking things off. Generally kicking ass each day. Today when I will actually have someone ask, "So what did you do today?" I have pretty much nothing...

I umm..watched soccer and I wrote a blog. OH and I did some laundry. Want to hear about the rest of the week? It rocked...

Now to be fair one of the reasons I was rocking things out the rest of the week was so I could have today to watch without feeling distracted, but still...

I need better planning if I want to get that gold star pat on the head...





1 comment:

  1. You need some rest after all the mojo kicked in and you were working like a bee!

    ReplyDelete