Friday, January 17, 2014

January is a really long month...

I have nothing today. Brain is totally empty.

I probably should have picked February. I'd almost be done if it were February. As it is I'm only just past half way and I'm kind of stuck for ideas. Some days they just aren't there, you know? I could blame the insomnia of the past few nights. I've gotten super patchy sleep; like last night I fell asleep early, actually before I wanted to, and then was wide awake and sure it was time to get up at 1. One. Do you know how much night is left at one? And then, of course, fell back asleep around 5:30 when the alarm goes off at 6. And right when I was in the middle of a dream about David Coverdale leading a seminar called NFL Wealth. Just for former NFL players to invest their money, which was going on in the same ballroom as 5 other seminars that were all shouting over each other to be heard, Brent and I were there for one...no idea what it was supposed to cover because we couldn't hear the speaker. We gave up and left when the NFL players started singing a Frat boy song and exchanging business cards...

I read some really funny things online today and some poignant ones as well to try and find some ideas. Okay, that's total bullshit. I read them, sure, but I wasn't thinking of my own blog and what I could write once I was inspired by them, I just thought I'd toss that in here to make it seem like I was doing it all for you. But I couldn't lie to you like that, not like that. In other ways, sure. I mean I write fiction so if I couldn't lie to you there wouldn't be very many stories on here would there?

We have hockey tonight so that's cool. It's been awhile since we've had a home game. Not sure if we will have the full team back tonight. The three that were away at World Juniors got to go home for a week since they missed Christmas with their families while they were in Sweden so not sure if they are back today or Sunday. We will miss them Sunday because we are staying home to watch the football game. It was actually a tough call because it's also the season ticket holders meeting after the game and I really want to hear what is going on with the city and renovations but this is a championship game and I really want to watch it without the score being ruined and since we can't be in two places at once football won out. And we have people who sit near us at the games who can fill us in on the meeting information so that will be fine.

I'm still waiting to get a few of the bathing suits I ordered online to try on to see if any of them fit. I got part of them this week. The bottoms to one fit but the top isn't here yet so right now I don't know if that will do me any good. The other bottoms and a pair of shorts I tried won't work. They fit my bottom which is great but leave a giant gap at the waist which really doesn't work for a swim suit. It's not like I can belt it and pretend right? But I can't find the shipping information for the other suits in my inbox. I know I really did order them because Brent mentioned seeing the charge come through on the credit card so I just have to guess that they are on their way. I really need to find a suit or two that fits before we go. I also really need to lock in our itinerary and get that finalized. Probably will do that tomorrow since Brent is pretty sure he will have to work. So that will be good to get done. My problem is I want to do everything, but I'm cheap and I only have so much time so I keep waffling on what to do and when.

The birds are going crazy at the feeder right now. It's sunny, which is nice in a way and really kind of the pits in another. I mean sunshine is always nice but we haven't been getting enough rain and that's going to come back to bite us in the ass this summer. And it's been colder than it normally is. I would  rather it were warmer and rainy than sunny and cold. That's just a waste. Sunshine but too cold to go out and enjoy it? And I mean, sure I could put on layers or whatever but I don't like being cold so I don't want to. If it's sunny I want it warm. If it's not going to be warm enough to sit in the sun it might as well rain. Anyway, I think the birds like the sunshine. Or they just like the free lunch from the feeder. But they make a terrible mess so I keep going back and forth on keeping the feeder. If we decide to sell this place it will go away for sure. Curb appeal doesn't usually include bird poop, you know?

I forgot to turn the buzzer on the dryer when I put the laundry in today, it got turned off last night because it was running when we went to bed and there is nothing worse than just getting to sleep and the buzzer going off. Anyway...I always forget to turn it back on. Just heard the washer quit, it sings, it's pretty cool. And realized that means the dryer has been done for awhile and now I'm going to have to touch up everything in it to get rid of the wrinkles. I swear I spend as much time re-drying clothes as I do drying them in the first place!

Thinking about buying a little stacking shelf thing for the pantry to put my spices on. I have a little lazy Susan right now in the cabinet but I have more spices than Susan room so I need a new solution. I'm thinking that might just work out fine. I was also thinking if I don't move that I might put some of my kitchen things in the basement. Like get a wire shelving rack and store my pots and pans there. Not sure if going up and down the stairs before I cook would bug me or not. But I have space there and no more space in the kitchen so that's an idea...

Okay laundry, Hawaii stuff and oh heck, what am I going to do about dinner? It's a Memorial game so I guess a picnic dinner in the car? Hmmm...

God I hate days when my brain is totally empty...



No comments:

Post a Comment