Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Liar, liar....

"How long have you known?"

"That you were lying? For a few months I would say. So probably right from the start."

"Why didn't you tell me? Why did you let me go on and on?"

"It's not really my responsibility to keep you truthful is it? Isn't that on you?"

"But you knew, and you let me keep doing it. You made me look like a fool."

"No, I didn't make you look like a fool.  You did that on your own. I didn't make you lie. You chose to lie."

"But you could have said something!"

"I gave you a couple of opportunities to come clean at the beginning. I pointed things out that didn't make sense. I asked you if you thought something wasn't adding up. You chose to keep lying."

"But you didn't come right out and say that you knew. Isn't that you lying to me?"

"I don't really see it that way. It was on you to be truthful. I just didn't point out that I knew you weren't. You knew you weren't and I figured at some point you would come clean. And you eventually did."

"I still can't believe you didn't tell me. That you let me go on with it. Did you just stop trusting anything I said?"

"To a point yes. I knew for a fact you were lying in one area so it only made sense that I shouldn't fully trust anything else you said right? You proved over and over that you were willing to not be honest so why would I expect honesty from you? The thing I don't understand is why you lied in the first place."

"I don't know. I guess I wanted you to think better of me, to not see that I was weak."

"And how did that work out for you? Do you think I now think better of you than I would have if you had just come clean in the first place?"

"Don't talk to me like I'm a child."

"Don't act like one."

"So what do we do now?"

"There is no we."

"What do you mean there is no we? This is it? You're tossing me out?"

"Yes, this is it. Do you think I would be able to believe you again? To trust you? It wouldn't be a very good solid relationship at this point. The damage has been done."

"So what do you expect me to do?"

"Well, I expect you to find someone new and to be honest with them this time. I expect you take this as a lesson. I expect you to have learned something valuable that you can now apply to your life. But it's all up to you at this point what you actually do."

"Can you at least give me a recommendation?"

"I recommend you don't lie to your next fitness coach. Food journals and exercise journals only work if you fill them out with what actually happened. Next time you eat the M&Ms write them down. Next time you skip a workout don't write down that you did it. Next time the scale doesn't budge don't try and  blame genetics. Leslie will give you the paperwork to close out our sessions on the way out.  Good luck to you."









No comments:

Post a Comment