Monday, February 6, 2012

Story Time!

Okay, so you know those times when you open your mouth and later you sort of regret it?  This is one of those times...

I have a friend who writes.  I have known she writes for a long time but had never had the privileged of reading anything of hers. This weekend that changed.  She sent me a message on Friday letting me know she had set up a blog account and would be posting pieces there.  Okay, this was such good news!  And being the supportive friend that I am, and also needing a little push to get some of my fiction out there, I told her we could write together, oh wouldn't that be fun!  We could pick different topics and stretch our creative chops.  Sounds like a great idea right?

Well it turns out that she is freaking brilliant!  Don't believe me?  Here is her first blog piece.  Take a minute, let it soak in.  How great was that?  So now I am faced with the choice...do I laugh and tell her I was just kidding or take a deep breath and post something of my own?

Well I did a little of both.  I sent her a message basically letting her know that I was so not in her league...and then dusted off an old piece that I have had kicking around in my head and on my computer for a few years.

Now you all get to meet Frank.  His story has been sitting half formed in my head and then on the computer for ages. I think he fits in with another group of short vignettes I have written but I am not sure how. And I'm not sure what else to do with him. When you read the piece (which is much longer than most blogs I post) you will notice it just sort of ends. I have more to write with him, but I am not sure which direction to take him yet.  Will he follow a path of self discovery and become a decent human being? Will he become even more unlikable and unaware? What happens next? These are things you would think I would know since I made him up.  But I don't yet. So what you get is the introduction of Frank.

Be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment