Wednesday, July 8, 2009

You can run but you can't hide (Prelude 2/11/09)

You know how it is when you think you should do something, but you don't do it. Things start popping up reminding you that you really should take care of it.

Last week I was talking to a girlfriend of mine and she was telling me about a military funeral a friend of hers went to. I told her that they were horrible, painful, beautiful, moving things. And asked if she remembered what I told her about my father-in-law's service. She said that I hadn't talked about it all. I had told everyone I would tell them someday but when I got home I couldn't do it. Hunh...not like me at all to not come back and talk about something I said I would. But then I started thinking about it and thought, I didn't. It was so raw right afterwards and then it got tucked away.

So yesterday morning I woke up and Jack was on my mind. That's one thought of him for the day. I sometimes have dreams where he is in them, but standing off to the side watching things. I think it's my subconscious making him a part of our lives still. Then in an online communitay (inside joke, I know it's supposed to be community) I am a part of a woman posted how excited she was her son was coming home from Afghanistan. Okay, so there is number two for the day. Then I was going through old blogs on myspace trying to decide what to do with them so I can delete that account and I ran across the note I wrote when we got the news he had died. Three. Then I was talking with my niece and she is naming her son Liam Jackson. Jack wasn't short for anything, but Ann called him Jackson. Four. Then Brent came home and asked if I had heard Trace Adkins country music in your eye song about being called up the bigs Arlington...and Five. Okay, I get it. I will write about it.

Just warning you all though. When I do post it, don't read it unless you are someplace with a tissue, if you are prone to crying. Because I will cry as I write and I firmly believe things written with emotion will transfer emotion to the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment