Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Van Halen

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Van Halen...
Current mood: amused

Last night we went to the Van Halen concert. First off, it was great. David and Eddie look better than anyone who has lived the lives they have lived has a right to, let alone two men in their early 50s. Eddie is still a rock god beyond compare. The man can PLAY. Alex still looks like a freak of nature, but wildly talented. Wolfgang was fun to watch, but I did miss Michael Anthony.

But it wasn't all sunshine and roses...I have told my David Lee Roth story for years and years and years. It's my first brush with fame and the first time I was ever proposed to. But last night my illusion was shattered. Watching DLR last night strut across stage wearing outfits he either borrowed from Adam Ant or stole from the local marching band (thanks Brent for the description) posing and preening and waving a flag better than any drum majorette I realized...he didn't want to marry me because of my outstanding beauty and virtue...oh no...he wanted to marry me because that way he could stop with the whole icky sex with a woman thing...my only excuse is that it was the 80s, every front man was flamboyant and I was only 13 and how was I supposed to know??

There was a point where he was talking about how he loved the line up a woman's stocking and that she can take the dress off but leave on the shoes...and I am thinking...Why? So you can try them on later?

Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing him. He looked healthy and his cheesy grin was in full effect. He was still so much fun to watch and I thought he sounded better than he has for years but my little teenage smug self got hit with a bit of harsh reality last night...instead of Denise Leann Clifton so cute even rock stars loved me...I was Denise Leann Clifton...Beard for Diamond Dave....sigh...

I wonder if he would let me borrow the white jacket with the black sequins?

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment