Wednesday, July 8, 2009

February - April 2007

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Mid-terms
Current mood: crazy

Mid-terms next week...everyone wish me luck!

School and work are insane as usual...worked all weekend half days in the office, half days at home studying. I have two quizes in Kinesiology tomorrow and my written mid-term in Massage I tomorrow. Practical Massage I mid-term Wednesday. Written and practical mid-term in Kinesiology on Friday. Oh...and a Co-Op meeting on Thursday. And that little pitch we are working on...

It's all going to slow down soon....I can feel it!

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Almost there...
Current mood: tired

All right. Kinesiology Quizes on Monday...done...Massage written and practical mid-terms...done...Co-Op meeting...done....Just the Kinesiology written and practical mid-term left to go. I will have all of my mid-term grades next week. Looking good right now. As long as I keep it together for the tests tomorrow I should be fine...

Tomorrow night, big old nasty drink and some solid sleep to end the week. Can't wait!
7:56 PM

Friday, February 16, 2007

I don't care at all but...
Current mood:aggravated and proud

I want an agreement from everyone who reads this that you will not use, I don't care or it doesn't bother me or it's not a big deal...if you do care, it does bother you and of course it's a big deal. There is someone that I know that will say..."I don't care at all but..." and list all of the things that she obviously cares about but doesn't want to come right out and say, this bothers me...or I am pissed off about...It drives me nuts. I will tell her, no, you do care. You are angry. Own that and go with it. Don't tell me It's not a big deal and I don't care but...

If you didn't care then you wouldn't mention it. Right? So please, let's get an agreement, if you care, then say, I care about this. If it seems petty then you can own that as well. I had to do that today as well. I told someone, yes I know it doesn't seem like a big deal, but to me it is so please do what you are doing differently. And you know what? It wasn't a big deal to the person doing it so they changed what they are doing. BUT if I had said you know it's not a big deal and it doesn't bother me but why do you do X? They wouldn't have changed what they were doing and it would have grated on my last nerve everytime I saw it.

Okay, end of vent...now all of you need to agree with me...no more passive aggressive nonsense!

OH! And by the way...Mid-terms are done. That margarita was fabulous. And I am pretty sure I am pulling As so far in the term. Yay for me!
8:37 PM

Saturday, March 03, 2007

It's already March!
Current mood: cheerful

Wow...only 3 more weeks of this term. I cannot believe how quickly it's gone and how much I have learned already. I got the best compliment after performing a massage last week. It was on someone that I had massaged before going to school and now after being in class for awhile. They said they could definitely feel the difference and that I was completely making the right career choice. Yay! It's just nice reinforcement. I felt like Sally Field...you like me! you really like me! You could tell they were impressed with what I was doing, not just because they wanted to be nice to me, but because they really thought I was doing a good job. It made me very proud of myself.

These next two weeks will be nuts. I need to make up the massage class I will miss next week on Wednesday, so double massage on that day, I need to make sure everything at work is done and ready for my co-op meeting when I get back, leave for Minneapolis on Sunday back on Tuesday night, Wednesday make up the quizzes I missed in Kinesiology while I was gone, take a quiz in massage, Thursday co-op meeting, Friday professional massage exchange and evaluation, then study for finals! And fit in there regular work, homework, family time and maybe a little time for me as well...

Holy smokes! Looking forward to term break, those two weeks will be great!
3:07 PM

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Exhausted
Current mood: drained

Back from Minneapolis. We did well, but didn't get the account. Sucks to come in second. We went in thinking we would probably not get it and all we needed was a good showing, but when it came down to it we really wanted to win...oh well...

So back to the whirlwind that is my life. Made up the two quizzes I missed on Monday and took a quiz in Massage as well. Co-op meeting tomorrow, finals next week.

Friday is my professional exchange. It's only for credit, not a grade but I am pretty nervous about it. Giving someone who does this for a living a massage is a little nerve wracking. But I could sure use a professional massage, so I am looking forward to that half!
6:48 PM


Sunday, March 18, 2007

Finals week...
Current mood: busy

Alright, here we go! Everybody wish me luck. Finals are this week. Then...then...then...Two weeks off from school...oh the down time, oh the leisurely hours doing nothing...oh wait...Work...

Well, hell...


3:49 PM

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Most of the way there...
Current mood: tired

Okay, massage written and practical done. Kinesiology left to go. I have an A in the written tests for massage, that will be averaged with my practical tests and so we will see how it goes. Just glad to be mostly done and ready for a little break.

I am amazed how much material we have covered in 11 weeks. It blows my mind. Mari, Stacy and I were talking today before massage about how dazed we all were the first week of class. All of us sitting there wondering if everyone else in class was as lost as we were. Thank goodness we all got it!

So, two classes down, nine more to go...
6:29 PM


Saturday, March 24, 2007

Who has two thumbs and no homework this weekend??
Current mood: excited

Yea! Finals are finished. I will have final grades next week but unless something very very odd happened in Massage I have As in both classes. And here is the big brag...I got a perfect score on my Kinesiology written and practical final! Woo hoo! Yeah...I am a geek. But a proud geek!

I should be able to catch up on some work things and spend some time reading...can't wait! I have already read 3 of the 6 magazines that were stacked up. Should get a book in there as well. yeah....geek.

So two weeks off then Anatomy and Physiology and Massage II. They will be even harder....holy smokes...but I do love it!
7:34 PM



Monday, April 02, 2007

Half way over....
Current mood: cheerful

I can't believe term break is almost over! It seemed like it was going to be longer and more productive than it has been!

I have decided that first weeks of terms are just bound to be bad for me. I start school again on Monday, fly out right after class for Vegas, miss class Wednesday fly back Thursday back in class on Friday. When 3rd term starts in July I will be doing the same thing but only flying to Louisville instead of Vegas!

I am giving a massage to a co-worker on Wednesday evening. Looking forward to showing off a little bit, but also a little nervous. Not sure when that will fade. When the total confidence will kick in. Hopefully soon!

Excited to be back in school. Anatomy and Physiology and Massage II this term. Will be even harder than last term, but I still can't wait. Got my books last week, paid tuition and now am just waiting for it to begin.


7:52 PM

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Overwhelmed...
Current mood: busy

Okay, so I wasn't kidding about this term being harder than last term...

A & P is hard but I was expecting that. What I wasn't expecting is how hard Massage II would be. It's a much more technical class than Massage I was. A blending of Kinesiology with movement therapy basically. Also getting used to a new teacher and teaching style. I like her, she's energetic and very personable, but I am not sure I am getting what I need to get out of her lectures. Seems like I am missing pieces...and they are the pieces that would make it all make sense.

I have my first quiz on Monday in M2 so we will see if I am getting it and just think I am not, or if I am really not getting it...wish me luck!
8:05 PM




Saturday, April 28, 2007

well...
Current mood: peaceful

So I aced that Massage 2 quiz, by the way...I guess I am getting it...just not feeling like I am getting it.

Still freaking out a little about this term but settling in now and not feeling as panicked about it, which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment